A Flexible Oven Controller controlled via touch screen or through USB. Draw and download your own profiles using free Profile Creator.
Available Now through Zallus Shop!
The Zallus Reflow Oven Kit is a comprehensive kit allowing you to easily convert a toaster oven into an industry compliant reflow oven. This kit is powerful and unique because of its touch screen interface as well as its USB interface for designing and downloading custom profiles.
Kit includes all of the following:
An assembled control board with the following:
- Touch Screen Interface for Displaying Profiles
- USB Interface for Downloading Profiles & PC control
- Fan Input & Buzzer (Rev 2 Hardware only)
- Legitimate Thermocouple connector & Cold Compensation Measurements
Other crucial components included:
- K Type Quick Response Thermocouple
- 20A / 280VAC Max Solid State Relay
- Mounting standoffs & Screws
- USB Cable for Power or PC Control
- Wiring for Relay/Control Board Connecting
What sets the Zallus Oven Controller Apart?
Apart from the obvious exterior features, the Zallus Oven Controller actually verifies your profiles against industry reflow standards. While controllers may have learn features or display output temp, few if any actually self verify whether or not the profiles implemented are optimum for the solder or for the components. It is easy to melt solder, you simply apply heat. However, the whole point of reflowing is to increase component reliability by adhering to strict standards. The Zallus Profile creator tool allows you to verify the compliance of the profiles you draw as well as profiles that are run.
While hot-airing / hand soldering / blind reflowing appears to work in the lab, you will eventually run into issues with the following if you do it long enough:
- Sensitive RF components can change in value / tolerance / and rating (especially when hand soldered)
- Assemblies with 100s of joints per board are far more likely to experience bad joint issues
- Outside the lab, components experience operational shock, thermal shock, vibration…ect are far more likely to fail without proper formed joints
After some time of industry electronic design, producing assemblies on manufacturing floors, experiencing field returns, and solving product test failures, I deemed this feature critical to any assemblies that I produce.
Diverse applications other than reflowing:
A good chunk of users of the Zallus Oven Controller are not actually using it for reflowing. The profile creator design tool makes creating profiles so easy that people have applied it numerous applications. From heating ceramics to cooking coffee beans, having a reliable and user friendly interface makes such applications easy.
Looking for Feedback!
Many thanks for reading up on my oven controller and be sure to checkout my kickstater at the following: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1070729460/zallus-oven-controller
I’m always looking to improve these controllers and would love to hear from you!