Reflow Oven Kit Assembly Instructions
Deluxe Kit Instructions:
Howdy all, thanks so much for your support! Currently I only have released the deluxe version of this Reflow Oven Kit and have been trying to find some spare time to write the documentation on how to build the thing. Everything is still a WIP so please feel free to email me if you have questions.
External Materials required:
1. MSP430 Launchpad for programming
2. Soldering iron w/ solder
3. Cold beer (required)
1. Verify that your screen works.
All surface mount components necessary for 2.2″ touch screen operation will come pre soldered. Simply plug in the msp430 launchpad w/ processor into the bottom headers. Program the MSP430 processor with the code located in the github repo here: https://github.com/NateZimmer/Reflow_Oven_Kit . Import the code into code composer studio and compile & flash to the board. At this point you should see the touch screen become fully operation and should be able to navigate through the menus. Unplug the launchpad and proceed to the next step.
2. Solder through-hole components.
Solder in through-hole components as shown in the reference image above. Schematic can also be used for correlation with its reference designators.
1. Ensure you solder polarized components correctly!
2. Don’t insert ICs backwards
3. Don’t insert ICs in incorrect pads
4. Brush up on wikipedia for resistor color codes if you don’t know them.